Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Burlesque Show


On Sunday afternoon I went,
To see inside Der Spiegeltent.
A Burlesque Cabaret  was on,
So took my place with some aplomb.

A table to myself, not bad,
So lots of room and food I had.
We started off with bubbly drinks,
This is looking good (me thinks).

The acts come on start cutting a dash,
Singing and dancing with poise and panache.
Then realise it’s all been a ploy,
It’s all been a trick, it’s a girl not a boy.

The waitress comes with sandwiches thin,
So many there are, where do I begin?
The crowds sounding happy and looking quite pleased,
There’s singing and dancing, a little striptease.

Here’s the waitress again with cakes on a tray,
Boy this is fun I think I shall stay.
The last act is on “WOW what a girl”
With hips that girate and tassles that twirl,

The crowds going wild and calling for more,
It’s really quite saucy and not even four.
It’s all over now so off I must go,
But overall, a really wonderful show.


(These are the waitresses as I was not allowed to photograph the acts)

No comments:

Post a Comment