Wednesday 18 December 2013

My Time at Cheltenham Literature Festival (part 11)


Wednesday Andrew Marr the Political bloke,
He’s drawing and painting after having a stroke.
Whilst walking, I meet up with Wildlife’s  Kate Humble,
Ask for her autograph and try not to mumble.
I’m off now till Sunday, I’m taking a rest,
I’m so blummin tired, it’s probably best.

Sunday is here, Robert Winston I’ll see,
He’s talking about Science throughout History.       
Now of to the Relish for breakfast to take,
Bacon Bap, Coffee and small piece of cake (£8.00)
The afternoons here, now where do I go?
AAH, that amazing Burlesque Cabaret Show.
It’s going quite well, their aiming to please,
There’s singing, acrobatics a little striptease.
The last act is on now, WOW what a girl,
With hips that girate and tassles that twirl.
The crowds going wild their begging for more,
It’s really quite saucy for twenty to four
Now it’s back to work and what’s next for me?
Jennifer Saunders and Derek Jacobi.

It’s all over now, but no time to play
 We’re all busy tidying and putting away.
The party has started there’s plenty of beer,
Goodbye everybody I’ll see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment