Wednesday 18 December 2013

My Time at Cheltenham Literature Festival part1



Friday I arrive in T shirt of lime green,
I’m a volunteer now and part of the scene.
Our task is to set up and ready the tent,
before curtain up of the first main event.

On Saturday I’m sent to the front of the queue,
And usher the people to doors one or two.
The people go in and start taking a seat,
The tension gets higher and so does the heat.

Sunday is here I’ll go in early (me thinks),
Ray Davies is on (front man of The Kinks).
Then when that’s over it’s off I will go,
To Alexander and Richard from That Pointless Show.
Next Emma Thompson and I’m taking a look,
And get her to sign as I’ve just bought her book.

Monday evening and I’m wasting an hour,
There’s a talk on the Ashes it’s by David Gower.
I meet Jonny Vegas the man off TV,
The one with the Monkey, who’s flogging the tea.
Tuesday I get busy and roll up my sleeves,
And give myself blisters from raking up leaves
Ok finished now so I’m off for a walk,
To Doug Allan and his Wildlife Photography talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment